5-10-2010
7:20 (EST)
So we’re stuck in NYC at JFK airport. Our flight was supposed to leave at 4:05pm….we arrived at 2:30pm…our plane isn’t here, and we are not scheduled to leave until 10 pm. Other than that, things are going ok. I was feeling kind of sick on the flight from Portland, which never happens. For whatever reason, my stomach was just upset. We both slept really well at Phylis’s house and Betsy took us to the airport this morning. We didn’t check our bags, and went through security very easily.
When we were getting ready to board, some Delta employees announced that there would not be enough room on the plane for everyone’s carry-on, and people were advised to check theirs, or the last 15-20 people would have to. We were supposed to be near the front of the plane, so we were in line accordingly. When I went to have my ticket scanned first, it sent me to the counter (out of line) to verify my passport…which meant Eli’s would do the same thing so I just grabbed him aside and he was annoyed with me. We had our passports verified, and then had to go the end of the line….afraid we would have to check our bags. Thankfully, we barely found some space over head it was fine.
So here we are waiting now. I’m still not feeling great, but we just had some pretty good pizza a little bit ago…we’ll see if it settles soon. There’s a pigeon flying around in our gate. I took a picture of it for proof….pretty funny.
Ok, that’s all for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment